Sunday 23 September 2012

Okido/ Rachel Ortas


At the Designers Block opening, there was a stall raising money for the Japan Tsunami appeal. The stall was ridiculously good in that it was selling a wide variety of prints, postcards, back issues of magazines and other things like totes and badges under the offer of £1 per item or £5 for 7. The first thing that I am going to show are two issues of Okido that I picked up within this. I've always wanted to pick this magazine up but soemthing has stopped me, maybe the thought of being a 20 year old "woman" (I say that with a pinch of salt I am very childish) buying a children's magazine has put me off. ANYWAY, seeing as this was such a good deal I couldn't not do it, especially with the prevalence of Rachel Ortas within Okido who has been somebody that I've gone back to again and again with her printed goods; mainly for cards but also with zines which are beautifully crafted and very playful. There are more posts coming up on what I managed to grab from the charity stall so keep your eyes peeled.

Below are two pages from issues 13 and 18.



No comments:

Post a Comment

:-)