Sunday 2 September 2012

Nokia Image Makers


I recently found this film made by Nokia featuring two of my favourite newer illustrators- Nina Cosford and Hannah Rowlands. Both are graduates from Kingston. I love that they both have a more naive and playful style, Cosford's being perhaps more traditional where Rowland's feels more defiantly girly. It is this sort of illustrator that I would like to develop into, one who is self aware but isn't afraid to share ideas that might be deemed too feminine. Below are some examples of their work. I think I am going to do a more in-depth post about Nina Cosford because I'm really excited by her work at the moment whereas I've been following Hannah Rowlands for a longer period of time and feel like she's already cemented in my brain.


P.S. It's comforting to know that I have the girls-who-likes-drawing-club hairstyle of a bob with a fringe, maybe it's a coincidence but it makes me feel like I can grow into what I would like to become. That was a bit sick bucket worthy.
Hannah Rowlands, taken from 'Sketchbook' section of her website

No comments:

Post a Comment

:-)